Thursday, August 31, 2006

Harp lady strikes again!

Technologically inclined readers can probably get their hands on the new Joanna Newsom album, which is really indescribable. I can't decide whether it is brilliant or overly indulgent, but it's probably both and has me transfixed in the meantime. People have and will mock me, but there is something about her way with words (not to mention unconventional vocal style) that reminds me of Dylan. Obviously she's not at that level, but she really is an amazing poet stuck in a fairy's body. Here's a live version of one of the tracks.

Joanna Newsom- Sawdust And Diamonds (live)

1 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Blogger pnk said...

I completely agree with your description: this album's passages of mind-boggling beauty and brilliance are offset only by its moments of bewilderingly obtuse and frictionless self-indulgence. i still love it though, despite my confusion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home