Friday, April 28, 2006

A few quick things:

There's a new track from Sufjan Stevens' upcoming Illinois B-side collection available. My computer at work doesn't have speakers, so I can't tell you how it is, but I think it's funny that an album that was already a bit too long and full of filler has so many B-sides.

Neil Young's new anti-Bush protest album is reportedly streaming from his website, although I can't get it to work, so I'll just stick to listening to Harvest and On The Beach.

Also, David Thomas Broughton is touring the States. I'll give you a long-winded disertation on why his album The Complete Guide To Insufficiency was one of the better albums to come out last year some other time. I'll probably use words like "haunting," "ghostly" and "beautiful," as well as the best buzzword/genre of the last couple years, "freak-folk." Until then, let us all listen to "Ambiguity" on his Myspace and pray that he doesn't forget us over here on the West Coast.

1 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

new Neil sounds great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home