Saturday, July 08, 2006

Flying saucer eyes

As you've probably heard, our boy Thom Yorke made a solo record, entitled The Eraser. Seeing as how Radiohead has written maybe two or three songs that aren't fucking stellar in the last, oh, eleven years, you'd think this would be a great album. It isn't. It's actually quite average. But if I've learned anything from the Dave Matthews Band, it's that you can't expect too much from the obligatory "whateva, whateva, my band is world-renowned, I do what I want" solo album. Thom screwed around for a couple weeks and this is what we got, and I can't really think of many people whose screwing around sounds this decent. (Except maybe me when I cover almost the entirity of Blood On the Tracks ... j/k) The lyrics are a bit lacking in parts, but this is really about the soundscapes Thom creates, which would have made great background noise for Jonny to blow peoples minds over if these were made in a Radiohead setting. There are certainly some highlights, though:

Thom Yorke- The Eraser from The Eraser

Thom Yorke- Atoms For Peace from The Eraser

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home